NFT marketplaces are the go-to platforms for artists to list and sell artwork and for collectors to buy into popular collections after they have been minted on a primary marketplace and find new investment opportunities.
When it comes to the art world, the Tezos blockchain has been making its presence known. In 2022, The Tezos Foundation hosted an interactive art exhibition at the Art Basel Miami that let visitors mint their own NFTs. In Hong Kong, Miami and Switzerland, Tezos will be the official blockchain for the 2023 Art Basel events.
The Tezos blockchain offers low transaction costs. Although prices are dependent on market conditions, the cost of minting NFTs on Tezos NFT marketplaces will average around 1 XTZ. Recently, Tezos implemented the powerful FA2 token standard, which supports many tokens including NFTs, fungible tokens, non-transferable, etc. It’s similar to Ethereum’s ERC-1155.
When it comes to selecting the right marketplace, creators have plenty of fantastic NFT marketplaces to list their collection on for Tezos-specific projects and benefit directly by being able to:
- Mint NFTs directly on selected marketplaces to leverage an existing audience of interested buyers
- Verify your collection with a unique token ID to give buyers peace of mind and to identify you as the original owner
- Easily link your wallet to facilitate transactions and have your NFTs stored safely before listing
- List NFTs for sale with low transaction costs to ensure you retain even more profits after selling
- Add artist royalties on selected marketplaces to generate passive income for resales on the secondary market
For collectors, these sites present a wealth of opportunities to pick up and trade NFTs after they’ve been listed on the secondary market. Benefit by being able to:
- Find “the” NFT for your private collection filtering a collection by price, listing date, and NFT metadata
- Outbid collectors for one-of-a-kind NFTs by participating in auctions
- Uncover NFT bluechip projects by DYOR with all the project information you need on hand
- Verify artist collections using their unique policy ID before buying into any project
- Easily link your wallet to facilitate transactions safely and securely
Browse existing marketplaces and grow your portfolio with our complete guide on Tezos marketplaces.